New Europe Film Sales has picked up “Porto,” directed by Gabe Klinger and starring the late Anton Yelchin and Lucie Lucas. Film was executive produced by Jim Jarmusch.

“Porto” tells the story of Jake (Anton Yelchin) and Mati (Lucie Lucas), two outsiders in the Portuguese city of the film’s title who once experienced a brief but passionate love affair.

The film is the narrative feature debut of critic, curator and director Klinger, who previously directed the Venice-award-winning documentary “Double Play: James Benning and Richard Linklater.”

The film is a co-production between Portugal (Bando À Parte), USA (Double Play Films), France (Gladys Glover) and Poland (Madants), and is set to unspool at the San Sebastian Film Festival’s New Directors competition and the London Film Festival’s First Feature Competition.

Jan Naszewski, New Europe’s CEO, will present a promo for the film in Toronto.

Source: Variety

September 08, 2016
Author: Jasper - Leave a Comment

This year’s Star Trek convention had a special memorial to Anton. Fans were able to sign an art wall dedicated to Anton. Here are some pics:

August 05, 2016
Author: Jasper - Comments Off on Tribute Wall at Star Trek Las Vegas Convention

Here are 2 scans from the tribute articles in next month’s issue of Total Film magazine.

August 03, 2016
Author: Jasper - Comments Off on Total Film (September 2016) Scans

The parents of actor Anton Yelchin will file a wrongful death lawsuit against Fiat Chrysler on Tuesday, their attorney announced.

The “Star Trek” actor was killed June 19 when his Jeep Grand Cherokee rolled backwards down the driveway at his Studio City home and pinned him against a brick pillar. He was 27 years old.

Yelchin’s vehicle was under recall, after Fiat Chrysler and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration received numerous complaints about confusion caused by the gear shifter. Some drivers have exited the vehicle believing the vehicle was in park when in fact it was in neutral, leading to “rollaway” crashes. The NHTSA is aware of nearly 700 complaints about the issue, including 266 accidents, of which 68 involved injuries. Yelchin’s crash is still being investigated, but is believed to be the only fatality related to the issue.

Yelchin’s parents, Viktor and Irina Yelchin, will file suit against Fiat Chrysler as well as retail chain AutoNation and ZF North America, which manufactured the gear shifter. Yelchin’s attorney, Gary Dordick, is expected to announce the lawsuit at a press conference on Tuesday morning.

Source: Variety

August 02, 2016
Author: Jasper - 1 Comment

I have updated the gallery with a few scans of some tribute articles from 3 magazines. Thanks to my friend, Dianne, for some of these!

July 30, 2016
Author: Jasper - Comments Off on Magazine Scans Update

One of Anton’s final projects, Porto, is set to contend in this year’s San Sebastian Film Festival New Directors competition. Here is the synopsis of the film:

Jake and Mati are two outsiders in Porto who once experienced a brief connection. A mystery remains about the moments they shared, and in searching through memories, they relive the depths of a night uninhibited by the consequences of time.

The 64th San Sebastian Film Festival will run from September 16th to 24th. You can read the full details of the 2016 lineup at Variety.

July 26, 2016
Author: Jasper - 4 Comments

“There’s something missing. There’s someone missing. Anton should be here.” So said JJ Abrams tonight before the world premiere of Star Trek Beyond at San Diego’s Embarcadero Marina Park Amphitheater about the late Anton Yelchin. The actor, who plays Pavel Chekov in the rebooted Star Trek franchise died June 19 in an automobile accident at his Los Angeles home.

“There’s something missing. There’s someone missing. Anton should be here.” So said JJ Abrams tonight before the world premiere of Star Trek Beyond at San Diego’s Embarcadero Marina Park Amphitheater about the late Anton Yelchin. The actor, who plays Pavel Chekov in the rebooted Star Trek franchise died June 19 in an automobile accident at his Los Angeles home.

Yelchin had played Chekov since 2009’s Abrams-helmed Star Trek that rebooted the franchise with new actors in the roles created for the 1960s original series. Tonight’s tribute came just hours after Abrams, who also directed 2013’s Star Trek Into Darkness and now executive produces the series, confirmed that the role of Chekov won’t be recast with a new actor. “I would say there’s no replacing him,” Abrams said in an interview with the Toronto Sun. “There’s no recasting. I can’t possibly imagine that, and I think Anton deserves better.”

Source: Deadline

July 21, 2016
Author: Jasper - Comments Off on ‘Star Trek Beyond’ San Diego Premiere Starts with Tribute to Anton Yelchin

Anton’s parents expressed their gratitude to Anton’s supporters through a touching ad in The Hollywood Reporter.

Update: Thanks to my friend, Dianne at Chris Evans Online, here’s the ad in high-quality:

July 17, 2016
Author: Jasper - Comments Off on Anton Yelchin’s Parents Thanks Fans